- Responsible for plant production goals, including putting in place and implementing systems and procedures to ensure operations of the plant meets production plans, product quality, health/safety/environment and cost standards.
- Responsible for quality and sales orientation, including identifying quality and sales improvement programmes to improve the cost effectiveness of the production process for the plant, as well as business development to improve market share.
- Direct and coordinate plant operations within company policy and guidelines, including purchase, materials deployment, production and shipping/delivery.
- Work with company management to recruit and manage adequate, well-trained and motivated staff through excellent leadership and communication skills, including staff recruitment, appraisal and commendation/discipline/promotion.
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of the clean and safe plant (as per NAFDAC requirements), including setting up and ensuring execution of maintenance plans/strategies, maintenance job routines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), management of change process, etc.
- Ensure all necessary records are maintained to ensure effective monitoring of the production process in the plant, including monitoring of working conditions to ensure the continued provision of a safe and healthy working environment for the personel and plant as well as safe end-products for consumers.
- Required: Graduate of engineering (B Eng/HND in mechanical/electrical engineering) with 10+ years experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment. *experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- Preferred: Food/Beverage/Plastics manufacturing experience preferred, with at least 3 years experience in similar role. *experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- Strong planning and organization skills, ability to work in teams and cross-functional integration, ability to multi-task and carry out effective stakeholder engagement (regulatory authorities, customers, host communities, etc)
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, clients, customers, and the general public.
- High sense of urgency, show visible and felt leadership, and safety champion.
- Ability to work well under pressure in fast-paced environment, and seamless adaptation to change.
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Access.